Friday Feels: Ready For It?
Just wanted to check in with a quick Friday Feels. I worked from home most of the week, so I wanted to make sure I catalogued this week… you know… for prosperity’s sake.
Also, it has been a minute since I’ve written in a casual tone. My latest article was on LinkedIn strategies… which was fun to right but not as casual as #FridayFeels. ANYWAYS…
1. It has been so cold this week. I can’t even handle it. Today was 15 degrees. And, being stubborn ol’ me, I was sticking it to mother nature and not wearing gloves or a hat when I wandered off to the coffee shop today. Huge mistake. It’s so cold…ugh…
2. Soup, soup, soup. I’ve been eating lots of soup because its cold. Last night, I did chicken soup with noodle, veg, egg, and everything else from the fridge. It was actually really good and hearty, perfect for a frigid Thursday.
3. Ugh, I’m so hooked on exercising. This is pretty big deal for someone who didn’t really sweat for the first 22 years of his life (may a little exaggeration there…) I went to two classes at CycleBar Uptown this week, back to back days. And, I was sure that I would be so incredibly sore, but I was feeling really positive, challenged, and motivated. WOOT!
4. Making business moves. I’m doing lots of research and digging on the next step for my freelance work. Updates to come eventually!
5. What The Fork? Roomie and I caught up on NBC’s The Good Place. If you haven’t watched this show, you are totally missing out. It is so GOOD… get it?
6. “… Ready for It?” I can’t stop listening to that new Taylor Swift song, and I love the way it makes me feel. However, the song of the week is “The Way Life Goes (Remix) [feat. Nicki Minaj & Oh Wonder]” by Lil Uzi Vert. Nicki adds so much to a track that was already pretty solid. No surprise, but this was this week’s standout for me.
7. Captain Jack. So… I saw Pirates of the Caribbean for the first time this week. I began with the first one (released in 2003… how time flies…). IT WAS EPIC. Johnny Depp is incredible as Captain Jack Sparrow. There is just so much great action in the movie. Why was I watching Pirates of the Caribbean 14 years after it was released, you may ask? Captain Jack was on the ballot for MPLS mayor… yeah, I’m confused as well…
And that rounds off my #FridayFeels. Thanks for reading, and I hope y’all have an awesome weekend.